Friday, July 16, 2010

Guide to gear for Monks in Holic Online

This is just a short guide I created based on different gear I played with moving through the level ranges. I found that the posts in the monk section were not very helpful because not many people agreed with each other and they only stated very obvious like 2h blunts are strong but slow.

The weapon descriptions are much too vague determined which is a better dmg source. No base crit of weapons no the weapon speed. You could estimate from trial and error but that’s as near as it gets.

Seems nobody can really agree which is a better weapon for damage output, but it’s DEFIANTLY not 1h blunt. There is no reason you do not need extra help nor defense, just keep spirit of cure up and your hp won’t drop even on mobs 5-10 levels above you.

Until level 30, fists are a better choice of weapon for maximum dmg output. The damage difference you gain in comparison to the speed is not very big at all.

Beyond 30 I recommend 2h blunt because the difference in damage becomes very massive. Until 30 I noticed that the next fist upgrade from a blunt, the fist is still slightly more damage but this is not the case for 30+. You gain a much larger damage range and attack slightly slower.

I really don't recommend getting any defensive stats at all (defense evasion). The spirit of cure skill we gain is very strong ability that regenerates health, the amount we gain is very significant, as I mentioned earlier in the weapons section.
If you want to tank or be good at it, then you picked the wrong class. Monks are able to tank to a certain degree I must admit, I carry my own tanking gear for this. But there is not near as good as a warrior's tanking because I won't go into detail here.

In terms of rarer armor, Blessing is far superior to Glory because you gain a lot of rubbish in blessing stats which include hp. Blessing has everything you need, massive amounts of strength with some accuracy to support your slow swings of the 2h blunt so each hit counts.

One thing to note though, is that for level 30 and under, knuckles are a popular choice, if this is what you use make sure you have more fatal blow than crit. Reason being the "slow swings so they need to count" does not apply anymore, crits are less significant and the more constant stream of fatal blows can outnumber the dps(damage per second) ratio of 2h blunt.

For the mob dropped gear as long as it’s not defensive anything goes really, its just personal opinion with fatal blow and crit.

Earnings, rings and bracelets are where you make up for lost stats. For example since my gear lacked accuracy I pumped my accuracy up through them.

On a side note, for 2h blunts, at level 1-30 around 40 accuracy is enough. Beyond 30 I would recommend 70-80, don't go anymore or it will just be wasted stats.

For fists, level 1-30 around 30-40 accuracy does the trick and for level 30+ fists having around 60 is enough because you have faster hits.

That’s all for now and I will add more information later, I hope this helps people out. Anyway, have a good time!More information can be found here:http://www.mmofuns.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment